This is an FAQ that should be able to answer the vast majority of questions that come in to email@example.com
What age groups are available, and which one will my son/daughter be placed in?
- Baseball age groupings are the following (all divisions are kid pitch):
- 8U (Pinto) 05/01/2007 – 12/31/2009
- 10U (Mustang) 05/01/2005 – 04/30/2007
- 12U (Bronco) 05/01/2003 – 04/30/2005
- 14U (Pony) 05/01/2001 – 04/30/2003
- Softball age groupings are the following (all divisions, with exception of 8U, are kid pitch):
- 8U all birthdates 2007 - 2009 (machine pitch)
- 10U all birthdates in 2005 & 2006
- 12U all birthdates in 2003 & 2004
- 14U all birthdates in 2001 & 2002
- 16U & 18U baseball registration will take place in March/April with the season taking place once the high school season is complete
- We are assessing interest in 16U softball, depending on number of players that reply, we may need to partner with Northville and/or other communities. Please send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org with your information if you are interested
What days of the week will practices/games be on?
- We can no longer allocate particular days of the week for specific age divisions, as it ultimately depends on how many total teams are registered/playing, as well as availability of fields that are available to LJAL.
What time do the games take place?
- Games Mon-Fri will be at 6:15, the individual team coaches will determine what time the players need to be at the diamond prior to the game; games on Sat could start as early as 8am, or as late as 5pm; games on Sun start at noon; with the last games of the day starting at 5pm
When does the season start and when does it end?
- There will be a rough season timeline posted to our website soon (ljal.com/baseball), but generally speaking; the house season starts the first weekend in May (7th) with picture day/parade and pitch/hit/run competition, and concluding with the league wide all-star game on June 18th
How can I place my son/daughter with a particular friend and/or coach?
- During the registration process (electronic & walk-in form); there is a field entitled “special request” where you would place the name of one (1) player or one (1) coach that you wish your son/daughter to be placed with
- You will also want to confirm what age grouping the friend and/or coach will be in as well
- We will consider requests to play up, but cannot consider those to play down
How are the teams assembled?
- The unit areas have been phased out as a detrmining factor in placing players on teams, the primary criteria now is special requests (playing with a friend, or a particular coach), the secondary criteria would be the school attended
When/how will be contacted?
- Coaches will be recieving their rosters around the time of the coaches meeting on in early April (possibly sooner), and you should expect to hear from them shortly after that
What equipment should I get for my son/daughter?
- We supply a full uniform (hat, shirt/jersey, pants, socks), so your son/daughter should have a glove and bat, and while cleats are not required, we do recommend them
- We are no longer supplying batting helmets for baseball, you should plan on purchasing one for your son, a face cage is not required
- We will be supplying a limited number of batting helmets with face cage for softball, if you should choose to purchase one for your daughter, it must have a face cage
We hope this helps answer many of the questions you may have, but as always, contact us at email@example.com if you have anything additional that may not be covered here.