This is an FAQ that should be able to answer the vast majority of questions that come in to email@example.com
What age groups are available, and which one will my son/daughter be placed in?
- Baseball age groupings are the following (all divisions are kid pitch):
- 8U (Pinto) 05/01/2006 – 04/30/2009
- 10U (Mustang) 05/01/2004 – 04/30/2006
- 12U (Bronco) 05/01/2002 – 04/30/2004
- 14U (Pony) 05/01/2000 – 04/30/2002
- Softball age groupings are the following (all divisions, with exception of 8U, are kid pitch):
- 8U all birthdates 2006 - 2008 (machine pitch)
- 10U all birthdates in 2004 & 2005
- 12U all birthdates in 2002 & 2003
- 14U all birthdates in 2000 & 2001
- 16U & 19U baseball registration will take place in March/April with the season taking place once the high school season is complete
- We are assessing interest in 16U softball, depending on number of players that reply, we may need to partner with Northville and/or other communities. Please send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org with your information if you are interested
What days of the week will practices/games be on?
- For the most part 8/10U age divisions practices and games are on Tue/Thur and on the weekends (either Sat or Sun), and the 12/14U practices and games are on Mon/Wed and again on the weekends; but it will ultimately depend on how many total teams are playing, as well as availability of diamonds
What time do the games take place?
- Games Mon-Fri will be at 6:15, the individual team coaches will determine what time the players need to be at the diamond prior to the game; games on Sat could start as early as 8am, or as late as 5pm; games on Sun start at noon; with the last games of the day starting at 5pm
When does the season start and when does it end?
- There will be a rough season timeline posted to our website soon (ljal.com/baseball), but generally speaking; the house season starts the first full week of May (5th), and concluding with the league wide all-star game on June 20th
How can I place my son/daughter with a particular friend and/or coach?
- During the registration process (electronic & walk-in form); there is a field entitled “special request” where you would place the name of one (1) player or one (1) coach that you wish your son/daughter to be placed with
- You will also want to confirm what age grouping the friend and/or coach will be in as well
- We will consider requests to play up, but cannot consider those to play down
How are the teams assembled?
- The unit areas have been phased out as a detrmining factor in placing players on teams, the primary criteria now is special requests (playing with a friend, or a particular coach), the secondary criteria would be the school attended
We hope this helps answer many of the questions you may have, but as always, contact us at email@example.com if you have anything additional that may not be covered here.